Hi everyone Hey y’all and welcome to Hello, Texas!
I started this blog to keep in touch with family and friends I miss desperately after moving from Orange County, California to Victoria, Texas when my husband (Peter) landed a job as a full-time professor in Victoria.
Life in Victoria has many quirks and contrasts to our previous home which is making the move and transition quite an adventure. As of May 2013, we have begun the following quests:
- Living in a small apartment
- Looking for a house to move into
- Working at the local community college- I even had an adjuncting position for Spring 2013 and will begin teaching High School English again in Fall 2013 at Victoria West High School
- Finding a church home and small groups to attend
- Learning how to keep in touch with family and friends (phone, skype, facebook etc.)
- Figuring out what job I am going to have
Through all of this, I have begun to learn and appreciate how location plays into our lives and relationships. God sent us here to Victoria on purpose, and I’m ready to make the most of every moment. I hope you will find interesting information about the Victoria area, perspectives on moving to a new area and some insight into making the most of all the good gifts God gives.
Wishing you love and blessings,